In this notice, we explain what categories of personal information we collect from applicants for employment and other individuals who apply to work for or to provide services to Paramount, including its subsidiaries (“we,” “us,” “our,” or the “Company”) , in the United States as contractors directly or through our casting and production company partners, and how we use the personal information we collect. For purposes of this Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household. Personal Information does not include information that does not and cannot reveal an individual’s specific identity, such as information that has been de-identified or aggregated, which is not subject to this privacy notice.
If you accept an offer from us, we will process further information from you in your capacity as an employee or contractor. We will provide you with a full workplace privacy notice as part of the onboarding process.
Please also note that we will comply with all applicable local laws in relation to processing your personal information and if anything in this privacy notice conflicts with such local laws, those local laws will take precedence.
Personal Information We Collect
We may use the personal information we collect for a variety of legitimate business purposes in connection with the recruitment process and as follows, such as:
- To assess your qualifications, suitability, and eligibility for a position as an employee or contractor, and terms of any offer.
- To enter into a contract or employment relationship with you (if you are made an offer) and make working arrangements such as place of work and hours.
- Contacting you or others on your behalf (such as using your emergency contact information in the event of an emergency).
- Financial planning and budgeting.
- Payroll and benefits administration.
- Physical and system security (such as with your CCTV images from attendance at an interview).
- Providing information about your offer, contract, or terms of employment to third parties in connection with transactions, such as a prospective purchaser, seller, or outsourcer.
- Diversity initiatives.
- To protect the rights and property of the Company, comply with our legal obligations, and defend or pursue any legal proceedings affecting us.
- Providing a safe workplace.
- Providing reasonable workplace accommodations.
- Staffing decisions.
We may use each of the categories of personal information we collect for any of the uses described above, as warranted.
Status of this Notice
This notice does not form part of any ultimate contract of employment we may reach with you and does not create contractual rights or obligations. Nothing in this notice creates an employment relationship.
We may change this notice from time to time. When we make changes, we will revise the date at the top of the policy and, in certain cases, may notify you via email or other communication.
If you have any questions about this notice, please contact us at: CCPA_EmployeePrivacy@viacom.com.
Other Privacy Policies
To learn about our information practices when you interact with our services as our customer or a visitor to ViacomCBS products and services (such as our websites, apps, and live events), we encourage you to read our privacy notices available on our ViacomCBS branded properties.