Nickelodeon Touches Down in Minnesota to Give Kids an Insider Look at Super Bowl LII
Nick’s Original Super Bowl-themed Content includes Superstar Slime Showdown at Super Bowl Competition Special, Hosted by Nick Cannon, Premiering Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 4
Lip Sync Battle Shorties Sidekick and NFL Juniors’ Brand Ambassador JoJo Siwa to Perform at NFL PLAY 60 Kids Day, Wednesday, Jan. 31
Nickelodeon and the National Football League (NFL) are teaming up to get kids and families ready for the big game with brand-new, specially produced content and coverage of the events leading up to Super Bowl LII in Minnesota, beginning Wednesday, Jan. 31, across Nickelodeon, Nicktoons and TeenNick.
Nickelodeon’s on-the-ground experiences and programming include:
- A one-of-a-kind 40x80 interactive Nickelodeon destination at the Super Bowl Experience;
- Superstar Slime Showdown at Super Bowl, a one-hour original special featuring host Nick Cannon, current NFL stars (Drew Brees, Stefon Diggs, Todd Gurley and Luke Kuechly), NFL legends (Deion Sanders and DeMarcus Ware) and a halftime performance by NFL Juniors’ Brand Ambassador JoJo Siwa ( Lip Sync Battles Shorties ), premiering Sunday, Feb. 4, at 12 p.m. (ET/PT);
- Daily reports from Super Bowl Opening Night, the Super Bowl Experience, Super Bowl Live and Nickelodeon Universe at Mall of America by Nick stars Breanna Yde and Ricardo Hurtado ( School of Rock ), airing various times from Wednesday, Jan. 31 – Sunday, Feb. 4.
Nickelodeon at Super Bowl Experience is a one-of-a-kind interactive destination celebrating Nickelodeon’s current hits and iconic series including SpongeBob SquarePants , Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles , The Loud House and Rugrats, open from Saturday, Jan. 27 – Saturday, Feb. 3. Cascading with moving slime, the 40x80 space will include:
- Two slime booths where athletes and lucky fans will have the opportunity to get doused with Nick’s signature green slime and receive a shareable video of the experience;
- A SpongeBob SquarePants football toss;
- Photo opportunities featuring oversized Loud House-themed helmets and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles locker room; and
- SpongeBob SquarePants and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles costumed characters will also make appearances at the booth beginning Wednesday, Jan. 31, at various times throughout the day.
Superstar Slime Showdown at Super Bowl is an hour-long competition special, airing Sunday, Feb. 4, pitting two teams of NFL athletes and Nickelodeon stars against one another in a series of fun and exciting football-themed physical challenges. Hosted by Nick Cannon and featuring NFL athletes including Drew Brees, Stefon Diggs, Todd Gurley, Luke Kuechly, Deion Sanders and DeMarcus Ware, team captains Breanna Yde and Ricardo Hurtado (School of Rock), and a halftime performance by JoJo Siwa (Lip Sync Battle Shorties), the special will be taped at the Super Bowl Experience. Mimicking the four-quarter format of a football game, teams will compete in four NFL-inspired challenges with a Nickelodeon twist, including slime-filled obstacle courses and an end zone celebration dance off. The team with the most points will win the title of Superstar Slime Showdown Champion.
In addition to the title, each Superstar Slime Showdown team will be competing for a local children’s charity. In collaboration with Nickelodeon’s Worldwide Day of Play partners, PLAYWORKS and Special Olympics, the winning team will receive a $15,000 donation, and the runner-up will receive a $5,000 donation. PLAYWORKS is the leading national nonprofit leveraging the power of play to improve children’s social and emotional health by increasing opportunities for physical activity at schools. Special Olympics provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
Additional Nickelodeon on-the-ground activations during Super Bowl Week in Minnesota, include:
- JoJo Siwa at NFL PLAY 60 Kids Day at the Super Bowl Experience (Wednesday, Jan. 31) – JoJo Siwa will perform her popular songs “Boomerang,” “Kid in a Candy Story” and “Hold the Drama” at NFL PLAY 60 Kids Day. The performance will take place in front of 2,500 local youth, who participate in NFL PLAY 60 programming throughout the school year and were invited to Kids Day for their commitment to staying physically active.
- Kids Tailgate Party (Wednesday, Jan. 31) – Nickelodeon’s Worldwide Day of Play partners with the Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee to throw a Kids Tailgate Party celebrating the committee’s year-long commitment to improving health and wellness for kids through the 52 Weeks of Giving campaign. Featuring kid-friendly activities and games from the Worldwide Day of Play Tour, the one-of-a-kind Super Bowl experience will bring together kids and families from the 52 grant communities around Minnesota.
For tickets to Super Bowl Experience and for additional information on related events, fans are encouraged to visit SuperBowl.com. Fans may also follow @SuperBowl and tag their posts and photos using hashtag #SBLII.
Nickelodeon, now in its 38th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, recreation, books and feature films. Nickelodeon’s U.S. television network is seen in more than 90 million households and has been the number-one-rated kids’ basic cable network for 22 consecutive years. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).