Nickelodeon's 'Crush Night' Featuring David Archuleta is Weekend's Biggest Kid, Tween Event; New iCarly Tops Broadcast, Cable TV for Week
Nickelodeon's Saturday night premieres of iCarly and True Jackson, VP (Feb. 7, 8-9 p.m. [all times ET/PT]) -- part of Nickelodeon's "Crush Night" TEENick programming block -- scored as the weekend's biggest event for kids and tweens. The iCarly premiere telecast (8-8:30 p.m.) placed atop all of television with kids and cable with tweens for the week of Feb. 2, cementing the show's position as TV's number-one program with kids 6-11 for six consecutive weeks.
Saturday night's iCarly and True Jackson, VP episodes (8-9 p.m.) averaged a 9.0/1.9 million K6-11 and a 7.6/1.6 million T9-14. Year-to-date, the two shows are Saturday night's number-one and number-two programs on all of television with these demos.
The "Crush Night" programming block (Feb. 7, 8-9:30 p.m.) -- which also featured a new episode of The Naked Brothers Band -- posted double-digit gains overall, and averaged a 7.6/1.6 million K6-11 (+46); a 6.1/1.3 million T9-14 (+39%); and a 6.5/2.3 million K2-11 (+55%).
Additional "Crush Night" highlights include:
iCarly "iRocked the Vote" (Saturday, Feb. 7, 8-8:30 p.m.),
featuring teen "Idol" David Archuleta, was TV's number-one show
for the week (2/2/09-2/8/09) with kids and cable's top program
- It drew 5.2 million total viewers (+68% in delivery); a 10.0/2.1 million K6-11 (+72% in rating); an 8.7/1.9 million T9-14 (+74%); and an 8.1/2.8 million K2-11 (+72%).
- iCarly is TV's number-one show for kids 6-11 year-to-date (12/29/08-2/8/09), averaging an 8.8/1.9 million K6-11 (+49% over last year). (source: Live + Seven Day Data 12/29/08-1/26/09)
- iCarly "iRocked the Vote" (Saturday, Feb. 7, 8-8:30 p.m.), featuring teen "Idol" David Archuleta, was TV's number-one show for the week (2/2/09-2/8/09) with kids and cable's top program with tweens.
True Jackson, VP:
True Jackson, VP "True the Matchmaker" (8:30-9 p.m.) drew an
average of 4.0 million total viewers (+65% in delivery) and posted
double-digit gains with all key demos.
- It averaged an 8.1/1.7 million K6-11 (+56%); a 6.6/1.4 million T9-14 (+47%); and a 6.4/2.3 million K2-11 (+56%).
- Year-to-date, True Jackson, VP averages a 6.7/1.4 million K6-11 (+46% over last year) and a 5.8/1.3 million T9-14 (+61%).
- True Jackson, VP "True the Matchmaker" (8:30-9 p.m.) drew an average of 4.0 million total viewers (+65% in delivery) and posted double-digit gains with all key demos.
The Naked Brothers Band:
The Naked Brothers Band "Valentine Dream Date" (9-9:30 p.m.)
posted double-digit gains with its core demos.
- It averaged a 7.0/1.5 million K6-11 (+52%); a 5.4/1.2 million T9-14 (+50%); a 5.5/1.9 million K2-11 (+53%); and 3.2 million total viewers (+41% in delivery).
- The Naked Brothers Band "Valentine Dream Date" (9-9:30 p.m.) posted double-digit gains with its core demos.
Nickelodeon, now in its 30th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books, magazines and feature films. Nickelodeon's U.S. television network is seen in more than 98 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 14 consecutive years. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B).
Source: Nielsen Media Research Live + Same Day Data
Web Site: http://www.nickpress.com
both for Nickelodeon