The Daily Show with Trevor Noah Presents: The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library Heads to Miami
The Presidential Twitter Library will be Located at the Emanuel Luxury Venue at 1723 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139
Admission is Free and Open to the Public on Friday, October 26 from 11:00 am-10:00 p.m. ET and on Saturday, October 27 and Sunday, October 28 from 10:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. ET
The Daily Show Heads to Miami for a Week of Shows at The Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater airing nightly from Monday, October 29 through Thursday, November 1 at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Daily Show with Trevor Noah Presents: The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library is coming to Miami. The hugely successful, critically-acclaimed Presidential Twitter Library will open in Miami just ahead of The Daily Show’s week of shows at The Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater. The Presidential Twitter Library will be open from Friday, October 26 through Sunday, October 28 at the Emanuel Luxury Venue at 1723 Washington Avenue, directly across from the Fillmore. On opening day only, Friday, October 26, the event hours are 11:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. ET. For the rest of the weekend (10/27-10/28) hours are 10:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. ET. Admission is free and open to the public. It will be so tremendous that those who miss it will be SAD!
Every president since Franklin D. Roosevelt has been honored with a meticulously curated memorial library commemorating the documents of historical value crafted during his time as leader of the free world. Continuing this hallowed tradition, and seeing no need to wait for him to leave office, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah will once again honor our current president with The Daily Show with Trevor Noah Presents: The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library, showcasing our Commander-in-Chief’s preferred vessel for communicating with the public, his Twitter feed.
This marks the fifth time The Daily Show with Trevor Noah Presents: The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library will be on display with previous stops in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and its phenomenal debut in New York City. The library received the prestigious Grand Prix award at the 2018 Cannes Lions International Festival. The Lions are the most established and coveted awards for the creative and marketing industry in the world. The library in Miami will feature visual installations and a fully interactive, hands-on experience for hands of all sizes, giving patrons the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to memorialize and celebrate the many “unpresidented” moments of President Trump’s Twitter history.
Select exhibitions housed in the Presidential Twitter Library include:
- THE COMMANDER-IN-TWEET: In the Library’s marquee attraction, attendees will step into a replica of the Oval Office, be presented with a crisis situation, and have 30 seconds to compose a tweet white sitting on a golden toilet, just like the president!
- SAD! A RETROSPECTIVE: A video retrospective will solemnly display a collection of people, places and things that the President has deemed “SAD!”
- TRUMP VS. TRUMP: Here we document President Trump’s unique ability to hold a variety of different opinions on the same subject.
- VERIFIED SURVIVORS: Listen to a series of testimonials from high-profile victims as they recount the trauma of being attacked by Trump on Twitter.
- DONALD J. TRUMP: A MAN OF CHARACTERS: In a short docufilm narrated by Daily Show correspondent Desi Lydic, the library takes a look at Trump’s Twitter history and the social media platform he made great again.
- MASTERWORKS: Sit back and admire some of Trump’s finest works as a master tweeter.
- A DONALD J. TRUMP TWITTER TIMELINE: Study the broad arc of Trump’s history in one comprehensive timeline, from his very first tweet about his appearance on Letterman, to his proclamations that Obama was born in Kenya, to his important, early morning screeds as the leader of the free world.
- 11 MINUTES: This video exhibit features first-hand accounts of what the world looked like for the 11 minutes that Donald J. Trump mysteriously vanished from Twitter, shaking a nation to its core.
As the Midterm races heat up, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah will head to Florida, a state that highlights many of 2018’s most important election issues. Episodes will air nightly from Monday, October 29 through Thursday, November 1 at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT from the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater.
In addition to the week of shows in Miami, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah will also be broadcasting a Live Midterm Election Night episode titled, “Democalypse 2018: Let’s Try This Again, America” on Tuesday, November 6 from 11:00-11:30 p.m. EASTERN on Comedy Central. This marks the eighth time The Daily Show with Trevor Noah has aired LIVE, having previously done so during the 2018 State of the Union address, throughout the 2016 Presidential Election on election night, after the presidential and vice presidential debates, and on the final nights of both the Republican and Democratic National Conventions.
Trevor Noah, Steve Bodow, Jen Flanz and Jill Katz are the Executive Producers of The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, with Justin Melkmann as Co-Executive Producer, and David Kibuuka and Zhubin Parang as producers. Max Browning, Eric Davies, Pam DePace, Ramin Hedayati and Elise Terrell are Supervising Producers. Dan Amira is the Head Writer, with Lauren Sarver Means and Daniel Radosh as Senior Writers. The series is directed by Paul Pennolino. Sarah Babineau and Ari Pearce are the Executives in Charge of Production for Comedy Central.
The Daily Show with Trevor Noah airs Mondays-Thursdays at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central and is available to stream the following day exclusively on thedailyshow.com and the Comedy Central App. Viewers can follow The Daily Show on Twitter (7.6M followers) and Instagram (1.7M followers), subscribe to its YouTube channel (3.7M subscribers) and become a fan of The Daily Show on Facebook (7.9M fans). Fans can follow Trevor Noah on Twitter (9.3M followers), Facebook (5.3M fans) and Instagram (2.9M followers). Fans can also receive The Daily Show Flash Briefing on Amazon Alexa devices and subscribe to The Daily Show’s Emmy® Award-winning “Between the Scenes” via Facebook’s new Watch tab.
On July 31, 2018, The Daily Show released The Daily Show with Trevor Noah Presents: The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library book. A New York Times bestseller, the tome is an illustrated portrait of the Donald J. Trump Twitter account, with analysis and “scholarly” commentary from the writers of The Daily Show with an introduction by Trevor Noah as well as a foreword by Pulitzer Prize-winning historian Jon Meacham. It is published by Spiegel & Grau, a division of Penguin Random House.