Viacom Opens New West Coast Media Networks Headquarters in Hollywood’s Columbia Square with Performances by Flo Rida and DJ Snoopadelic
210,000 Square Foot Building is the Brand New Home to West Coast Offices of MTV, Comedy Central, BET, VH1, Spike, TV Land, CMT and Logo
Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ:VIAB, VIA) is officially opening the west coast headquarters for eight of its major brands including MTV, Comedy Central, BET, VH1, Spike, TV Land, CMT and Logo with an outdoor celebration featuring performances by Flo Rida and DJ Snoopadelic. The event marks Viacom’s move into a brand new 210,000 square foot facility at Kilroy Realty Corporation’s Columbia Square, located at 1575 North Gower at the intersection of Sunset Boulevard and Gower Street.
“For Viacom, the opening of this new office is more than a bigger space and an open floor plan. This new Hollywood facility reinforces our presence in the world’s entertainment capital, connecting us more deeply with the creative community and bringing inspiration for our employees, who help us deliver world-class entertainment and unforgettable stories to our audiences every day,” said Bob Bakish, President and CEO of Viacom. “We wanted to create a space that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation, and gives creators and employees the tools they need to do their best work.”
The building has already achieved LEED Gold Core and Shell certification and Viacom is targeting LEED Gold Commercial Interiors certification and offers highly collaborative, state-of-the-art studio and workspace. Approximately 850 Viacom employees will be based in the new building. Designed with creativity and collaboration at the forefront, the space allows Viacom employees to seek inspiration -- unbound by traditional office walls and wired technology. They can take advantage of indoor and outdoor working spaces, state-of-the-art video technology and 83 conference rooms of varying sizes throughout the building.
Situated on the historically rich site of the original CBS Studios, the building features floor to ceiling windows on all six floors. Filled with natural light, Viacom’s new space offers panoramic views that extend from the legendary Hollywood sign, to downtown Los Angeles, all the way to the Pacific Ocean (on a clear day).
Viacom is also making its presence known in the Hollywood skyline with fully-lit 10-foot high blue “Viacom” signs facing both north and south atop the new headquarters building.
Among many features and amenities, the building offers:
- Two insert stages & shoot rooms fully outfitted with state-of-the-art technology including a control room with social network interfaces and connectivity to all global Viacom locations, 40 multiplatform production stations capable of editing, encoding, 360VR rendering, video distribution, graphics creating, and social engagement.
- Green room and make-up room.
- 1200 square foot Destination Room available for training sessions, employee town halls, seminars, press junkets and special events.
- Over 100 pieces of original artwork commissioned by Viacom specifically for the new space.
- All workspaces are outfitted with ergonomic sit-stand desks.
- There is wifi and video conference capability throughout the building enabling employees to have total mobility.
- Open collaboration tables and lounges on each floor, encouraging employees to leave their workspaces and innovate with their teammates.
6500 square feet of outdoor space equipped for production shoots and
special events including:
- A 3000 square foot outdoor terrace outfitted with clusters of resort-type patio furniture where individuals and groups can work and collaborate. The terrace also offers a respite from the daily grind with foosball tables and other gaming equipment
- A 3500 square foot rooftop with spectacular views of the Hollywood sign for employee gatherings, production shoots and live channel feeds.
- A 2500 square foot craft services space adjacent to the Terrace for employee happy hours and other social gatherings.
- Fully outfitted coffee bars on every floor.
- 5 mothers’ rooms.
- Wall sign space viewable by the public to promote Viacom content.
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, apps, games, consumer products, social media experiences, and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 180 countries. Viacom's media networks, including Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, Spike, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., Logo, Nicktoons, TeenNick, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe (Argentina) and Paramount Channel, reach over 3.9 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. For more information about Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following Viacom's blog at blog.viacom.com and Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/viacom.
ABOUT COLUMBIA SQUARE
For decades, Hollywood’s cinematic visions of the future have sparked global design trends. Now, developer Kilroy Realty Corporation (KRC) presents an unprecedented vision for how we work and live today. A modern interpretation of a studio lot, Columbia Square, a state-of-the-art mixed-use campus re-designed by Rios Clemente Hale Studios, will be home to innovative companies from the around the world. Built on the fabled grounds of CBS, it’s a media village that heralds historic and Class A workspaces, collaborative indoor/outdoor environments, walkable shopping and classic urban living.
Alex RIndler, 212-846-4337