Viacom Vantage Unveils First Data-Driven TV Ad Product Exclusively for Movie Studios
“Vantage Studio Edition” Becomes the First Industry-Specific Offering in the Marketplace and Further Expands the Vantage Suite of Data-Driven Ad Solutions
Data Shows That Exposure to a Single TV Ad Increased Ticket Sales by 70% While No Ad Exposure On TV Showed Sales 59% Below Average
Viacom (NASDAQ:VIAB, VIA) today unveiled Vantage Studio Edition, the first data-driven marketing solution purpose-built for the movie industry. Vantage Studio Edition uniquely offers precision plus reach, deploying data to find target audiences while maintaining broad awareness.
“Movie studios are enthusiastic about Vantage Studio Edition because they no longer have to sacrifice targeting for scale – this product is designed to deliver both with maximum impact,” said Bryson Gordon, SVP Data Strategy. “The introduction of this new matched dataset gives studio marketers an unprecedented level of control and optimization in their marketing plans, while also delivering broad awareness for their film.”
Using title-level movie ticket purchase data matched with household viewing behaviors, Vantage has tuned its predictive engine to meet the specific needs of studio marketers. Studio Edition can identify the most qualified impressions for a specific movie campaign while also maximizing broad reach and awareness.
Vantage Studio Edition has pre-built instant audiences to help studios quickly target specific genres, such as comedy, family, sci-fi, horror, action, and consistent moviegoers, while also enabling marketers to bring their own first-party segments from data management platforms to optimize their media plans.
Recent research using the integrated dataset showed the power of television to deliver ticket sales:
- Exposure to a single television ad increased ticket sales by 70% while no ad exposure on television showed sales 59% below average.
- Advertising on Viacom outperformed competitive networks by 72% and when people saw a combination of trailer ads plus Velocity Integrated Marketing, the purchase rate increases 3.7 times.
As the Upfront season begins, Vantage Studio Edition expands the Vantage suite of data-driven ad solutions offered by the Marketing & Partner Solutions division. The recently launched products can stand alone, but also have a strategic connection to each other. Products include:
- Vantage Instant Audience - makes the power of Vantage accessible to a broader array of clients by simplifying the data-driven targeting process
- Target Discovery - uses sophisticated data-mining techniques to help marketers identify “persuadables,” the consumers who are not currently using a particular brand but have the propensity to be receptive to the advertiser’s messaging
- Velocity Content Network - a virtual network of custom creative branded content programs informed by data that will be distributed across social platforms and can include linear television
- Viewprint - enhances the level of visibility into consumer segments and helps focus creative aspects of a campaign
- Echo Social Graph 2.0 - which measures effectiveness of a social-by-design campaign
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, apps, games, consumer products, social media experiences, and other entertainment content for audiences in 180 countries. Viacom's media networks, including Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, Spike, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., Channel 5 (UK), Logo, Nicktoons, TeenNick and Paramount Channel, reach over 3.5 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment.
Lenore Moritz, 212-846-4950